For cruise passengers the departure is at the cruise exit*, or in a central meeting point for other customers. This fun 2 hour walking tour will show you the city and treasures, while experiencing the history & culture of Martinique at its best. For this Pirates of the Caribbean themed tour, your fun and friendly guide will arrive dressed as a pirate in order to entertain & provide local history and stories, as well as challenge you along the way.
You will start with a stroll through the local market. Your guide will show you the local delicacies and hidden secrets, as well as point out the local spices and quirky souvenirs. Passing by the Old Courthouse you will see the statue dedicated to the French writer Victor Shoelcher. See the impressive architecture of the Schoelcher Library which holds many of Victor Shoelchers works, as well as his donation from his own personal collection of works. Built in the late 19th Century, the St Louis cathedral is a Romanesque revival style Cathedral. It is located in the downtown area of Fort De France. It is the 7th church to be constructed on the site due to natural disasters. Your tour will take you to Savannah Park, where your guide will point out the many places to sit, relax and unwind.
At the end of your tour you will be returned to the port in plenty of time for your ships departure.
- Price: 35€ per adult / 25€ per child under 10 / Free for child under 3.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Main stops : local market, registration place, old courthouse, St Louis cathedral, Schoelcher Library, Savannah Park…
- Schedule: every day at 9am (other departures upon request). Individuals and groups are welcome !
- No age limit
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Languages: English, French, other languages possible upon request.
- Cruise port of La Pointe Simon – for other ports please contact us to know the meeting point at
There are no reviews yet.