The Garden is animated by the creativeness and visions of its creator. He has been caring and healing the plants for more than 50 years! He now shares this dream with everyone who walks through this magic world. It is a peaceful visit that can be shared in familly, with friends or parents.
Once upon the year 1982, Jean-Philippe Thoze, horticulturist, landscape designer and poet comes back to Martinique. He goes back on the trail of his childhood, in the Creole house of his grandparents. From then was born his passion for botanicals which will lead him worldwide.
You will be able to see more than 3000 different kind of trees and flowers. Moreover you will be able to see a lot of beautiful humming birds! A walk to the top of a Botanical Garden unique in all caribbean: realize an amazing experience, a discovery of the garden seen trees through a walk on bridges suspended to giant mahoganys.
Seen from above, the Balata Garden is even more beautiful ! The panoramas on the Bay of Fort de France and the peaks of Carbet are to immortalize on your camera. This attraction is totally secured by nets. This allows you to walk around without taking a stand and to enjoy unforgettable moments … At more than 15 meters high, this incredible visit is done in peace on bridges accessible to all (from 8 years).
- Price: 14€/adult , 8€/ child 3 to 12 years old , free for children under 3.
- Duration : Visits last 1h30 minimum but you are absolutely free to stay longer !
- Availability: Every day from 9am to 6pm, last admission at 4:30pm.
- People with reduced mobility are welcome.
- Possibility to rent an electric scooter for free, just book it in advance by email ().
- Location: Balata Garden is located a few minutes from the city center of Fort-de-France, on the “Trace” road that also leads you at Saint Pierre and Le Carbet, 2 historical places of Martinique island.
We know that the weather can be a bit capricious, so if the day of your booking the weather is not at the rendezvous, your ticket is reportable without worry!
Do not hesitate to contact us via email at for more information.