During this mangrove tour, your guide will show you everything that surrounds the bay of Génipa from les Trois Ilets. Its geography, its history, its fauna and flora. Our dynamic team will make you live an exciting, relaxing and enriching excursion.
The visit to the heart of the mangrove
The mangrove of the bay of Génipa is the largest of Martinique. It covers almost two-thirds of the island’s 1,800 hectares of mangroves. Once arrived at the edge of the mangrove, you will sail into the entrance of Rivière Salée. At reduced speed, our guide will teach you to distinguish the different mangrove trees, their characteristics, their particularities, their spectacular mode of reproduction and their mode of colonization of the shallow waters which make these species of trees the true kings of the mangroves. Your guide will also show you the huge variety of mangrove fauna: crabs, crustaceans, fish, insects, but also the many birds. A pure moment of calm in this enchanted setting.
Botanical stopover and local aperitif on the small islet
To conclude this visit to the mangroves on a lighter note, you will stop at the Petit Îlet. Your guide will introduce you to a few more plant species, their history and their use in daily life, in dishes and even their medicinal properties. He will also show you some remnants of the past presence of the Carib Indians. Then make way for a well-deserved refreshment. Your guide will share local fruit juices, homemade liqueurs, water and a tasty snack.
A magical moment for all during a relaxing mangrove tour and discovery the richness of the Martinican ecosystem with passionate and very documented guides.
- Price: €35 per adult, €20 per child from 3 to 12 years old.
- Availability: every day.
- Departures: 9:30 a.m. to noon, or, 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Duration: 2:30 hours
- Ages: activity accessible to all ages including for babies (free up to 3 years).
- Capacity: maximum 12
- What to bring: water bottle, hat, sunglasses, cameras.
- Languages: French, English
- Location: Bourg des Trois Îlets (possibility to reach the place of departure with the Bourg des Trois Îlets sea shuttle – free parking nearby).
- Activity restriction (weather): it is very rare to cancel a trip due to the weather. If the weather does not allow the ride we will notify you by email or phone to suggest another day. If this is not possible we will refund the amount you had already paid. Disability and health: Our boat can receive armchairs, however for those who have health problems, please report this when booking.
- There is no swimming time during this outing.
The reservation section allows you to send your reservation request without making any payment. We will contact you shortly after receipt to confirm your reservation and send you the payment link and useful information (schedules, location, etc.).