During this boat tour your guide will make you discover all that surrounds this bay, its geography, its history, its fauna and its flora. Our dynamic team will make you live an exciting, relaxing and enriching excursion!
The mangrove in Génipa Bay is the largest mangrove in Martinique. It covers almost two thirds of the 1,800 hectares of mangroves on the island. Once at the edge of the mangrove, you will sink into the heart of the mangrove. While browsing the canal at reduced speed our guide will not fail to teach you to distinguish the different mangroves, their characteristics, their particularities, their sometimes spectacular mode of reproduction and their mode of colonization of the shallow waters which make these species of trees the true kings of the mangrove. Your guide will also show you the huge variety of mangrove fauna: crabs, crustaceans, fish, insects, but also the many birds.
To conclude this half-day on a slightly lighter note, your guide takes you on a stopover on the Petit Îlet in order to take a refreshment (local fruit juice, homemade cocktail, water, will be at your disposal).
Your guide will introduce you to a few more plant species, their history and their use in daily life, in meals or even their medicinal properties. It also shows you some remains of the past presence of the Caribbean Indians. A magical moment for all that will make you both a relaxing trip to the sea and discover the richness of a part of the Martinican ecosystem through comments that are as passionate as they are very documented.
- Price: €35 per adult, €20 per child from 3 to 12 years old.
- We offer a discovery cruise in the mangrove every day by boat in a small group of up to twelve people.
- Please note: There is no swimming time during this outing.
- Departures: 9:30 a.m. to noon, or, 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Duration: 2:30 hours Ages: activity accessible to all ages including for babies (free up to 3 years).
- Number of passengers: maximum 12
- What to bring? water bottle, hat, sunglasses, cameras. Languages: French, English
- Location: Bourg des Trois Îlets (possibility to reach the place of departure with the Bourg des Trois Îlets sea shuttle – free parking nearby).
- Activity restriction (weather): it is very rare to cancel a trip due to the weather. If the weather does not allow the ride we will notify you by email or phone to suggest another day. If this is not possible we will refund the amount you had already paid. Disability and health: Our boat can receive armchairs, however for those who have health problems, please report this when booking.
There are no reviews yet.