Martinique now has its zoological park! Welcome to the zoo of Martinique! Located on the Caribbean coast of Martinique, between Le Carbet and Saint-Pierre, Habitation “Latouche” is welcoming animal species from all over the world: Australia, Africa and of course Central and South America.
The course has been designed for the comfort of visitors: wooden pontoons, shaded carbets, tropical greenhouses, viewpoints… All this in the middle of the garden of the Habitation. An enchanting setting to marvel at big cats or monkeys, an ideal place to discover the history of Martinique and its economic evolution through the ages.
You will have about 1H30 of walk to enjoy with your family, alone or as a couple.
The remains of Habitation Latouche, nestled in the hollow of the valley, show the economic activity of yesteryear and the richness of its heritage.
During your visit to the zoo of Martinique, you will discover the main house and its charming typical colonial design. But also the equipments of the cassava workshops, indigo, and of course sugar and rum. But additionally the famous Ferris wheel, the aqueduct and at the end the Vauban style dam.
The zoo of Martinique facilities have been directed for the welfare of the animals thus it is a new generation zoo that presents itself to the public. Come and judge by yourself!
- Adult admission (over 12 years old): €17.50 euros
- Child admission (from 3 to 12 years old, on presentation of an ID): €12
- Child under 3 years old: Free
- Transfer: if a private transport is needed to get there, contact us by email at so that we can give you a quote.
- Schedule: The zoo is open every day (even on public holidays) from 9am to 6pm – last entrances at 4:30pm.
- Location: Le Carbet
- To bring: sunglasses, sunscreen, cap, camera …
We know that the weather can be a bit unpredictable, so if the day of your booking the weather is not at the rendezvous, your ticket is reportable without worry!
Do not hesitate to contact us via email at for more information
Take your tickets for the Balata garden HERE.