This tour to the north of Martinique will delight you not only with its impressive nature and its beaches, but also with its diversity of flavors! The Authentic North tour will delight you with the beauty of the landscapes and the historical stops that make the richness of our beautiful island! This excursion has a lot to offer: a guided tour of the Church of Balata, the ruins of St. Pierre and more! Looking for a unique adventure at a rum distillery and a beach break? Embark with your guide!
The visit of the north of Martinique to Fort de France:
Your meeting point for this excursion in Martinique is at the cruise port* if you are a cruise passenger or in Fort-de-France downtown **. Your guide will meet you at the agreed meeting place. You will then board your comfortable, air-conditioned transport (in a van or small bus for a maximum of 18 people).
This tour to the north of Martinique will immerse you in an incredible atmosphere mixing the tropical forest and the Church of the Sacred Heart, a fantastic building also known as the Church of Balata. This church is a smaller replica of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Montmartre that you can see in Paris.
To continue the adventure, we will reach the Alma River, to allow you to admire the abundant tropical forest with your feet in the water.
You will continue to follow the Route de la Trace to revel in Martinican nature, in the tropical forest. Next stop: the Saut du Gendarme waterfall. After an easy and short walk of 5 minutes to reach the waterfall, you will be charmed by this green place!
The visit of the north of Martinique to Saint Pierre:
Leave the coolness of the forest towards the next stop: the DEPAZ distillery located in Saint-Pierre. More than a distillery, it is also one of the oldest habitation in Martinique. Its castle, its acres of sugarcane, and all the production buildings necessary for distillation make it a remarkable site. Around this historic and bucolic setting, head to the shop for a rum tasting. Don’t leave without a bottle of your favorite liquor!
Let’s visit the ruins of Saint Pierre. The former capital of Martinique was destroyed by the volcano in 1902. The city has since been rebuilt but some ruins can still be visited. Admire the landscape and the majestic Mount Pelee at the foot of the volcano in the former “Little Paris of the West Indies”.
The last stop on this tour of the north of Martinique will be Carbet Beach. A wide beach with calm sea, transparent waters and black sand. You can relax looking at the sea, Mount Pelee, or perhaps cool off while enjoying a small bath.
Enjoy the breathtaking view of the Caribbean Sea for the return to Fort de France by the coast. You can then enjoy downtown Fort-de-France by having lunch in a restaurant or visiting Fort Saint Louis, for example.
The itinerary may be slightly changed depending on the forecast weather or the rush hour.
- Price: 65€ adult / 45€ children under the age of 10.
- Air-conditioned, fully licensed and insured transportation
- Pickup at your Fort de France cruise ship pier (or hotels/rental places in Fort-de-France and Schoelcher for free)
- Bilingual English-French speaking shore excursion guides (other languages upon request)
- Complimentary spring water local juice, rum
- Duration: 5 hours Departure: 9am (can be modify according to customers and ships arrival – please send us an email before).
- Capacity: 18 passengers maximum.
- Tour guide: English (other languages available upon request, especially for families or group).
- We require a minimum of 4 passengers to run a tour. If the minimum is not met your tour may be cancelled. If you are alone and you want to book please contact us by email first.
- Pick up and drop off at the cruise exit without extra cost for all the ports of Fort-de-France.
- send us an email on in order to let us know on which cruise ship you will be, or, where you are based if you are staying on the island. Pick up and drop off will be free in Fort-de-France and Schoelcher. An extra cost will be applied if you are in other towns.
- Canceled by client prior to excursion date with a minimum of 5 Days prior notice by email.
- Your ship skips/misses the port.
- Weather conditions or equipment failure prevents the operator from running the excursion.
Cancellations refund requests that do not comply with the above may not be accepted.
Refunds may be subject to a service charge fee as determined by the payment processor (usually 5%).
If you are late you are considered as a no show and you will not be refunded.
We welcome people with reduced mobility, however you must contact us in advance to organize transport according to the type of disability. Do not hesitate to contact us by email beforehand via
For the South tour of Martinique, it’s HERE.
The booking section allows you to send your request without making a payment. We will get back to you to confirm your reservation with the payment link and many useful information regarding your trip (schedules, location, etc.).